LAPD Devonshire PALS provides free enrichment activities M-TH from the hours of 1:00-6:00 including school holidays and summer vacation for kids age 7-17. On Fridays we open our doors to teens with programming and opportunities specifically designed for kids age 13-17. Our quality enrichments and activities, under the direct mentorship and supervision of LAPD officers, is the way we fulfill our mission to help young community members develop strong positive attitudes toward police officers and the law. PALS offers the following programs in conjunction with organized play:
- Arts Education Program: Arts and Crafts, Fine Arts Class, Animation, Folklorico Dance, Guitar Lessons, Culinary Arts, Movie Making and Multi Discipline Dance.
- Academic Program: Homework Help, Tutoring, Reading Club, Computer Skills, Science Class, Funology Math, Legos, Engineering, Chess Club and College Preparation.
- Athletic Program: Soccer, Basketball, Fitness, Volleyball, Recreational Skills, Horseback Riding and Boxing Workout.
- Tae Kwon Do Program: Taught at 3 separate level classes, including Black Belt Training.
- Activities Program: PALS Counselors in Training, Live B.L.U.E. Mentoring, Leadership Conferences, LAPD Jr. Cadets, LAPD Police Cadets, Field Trips, Summer Camp, Community Service Projects, Teen Style Fridays.
Along with the daily activities described, PALS offers crime prevention education, field trips, leadership training, camping excursions, and career and college planning assistance. Devonshire PALS also sponsors projects involving children and families that develop community pride and participation in the improvement and beautification of their neighborhoods.
For information about LAPD Devonshire PALS contact:
Ivan Magana Ramirez at 818-885-6433 or programs @devonshire-pals.org